GEAR UP is a federal grant program that stands for: Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs.
The program is designed to increase the number of students who are prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary education.
Focus Group: Current 9th Grade Class – 2020 Cohort
GEAR UP Objectives
1. Increase students’ academic readiness
preparation for postsecondary education.
2. Increase personal responsibility and citizenship.
3. Increase family, community, and partnerships.
· ACT Aspire Test
· College Campus Visits
· College admissions guidance and counseling
· Career Exploration and Counseling
· Financial Aid Counseling/Advising
· Academic Support
· Academic Planning
· Educational Field Trips
· SAT/ACT Test Preparation
· Summer Programs
· Parent/Family Services
Parent Meeting night April 5, 2017 5:30 - 6:30pm at the MJSHS Library.
University of Arizona Campus Tour - April 26, 2017
Eastern Arizona College Campus Tour May 8, 2017